When there is only one helping of ice cream left in our house things get interesting. That is when the bargaining begins. Our kids pull out all the stops, promising to tidy their rooms, mow the lawn, and even to scrub toilets in order to be the chosen child who wins that last, coveted scoop.
In this seller's market, when it comes to beating out the other buyers for the best deals, you need to be as determined as my ice-cream deprived kids can be.
The following are a few of the best ways to make sure you are the "kid" who gets the “house treat”:
1. When You Hear Daddy Calling, Come Runnin’! When a new house comes on the market DO NOT DELAY. Great houses in Spokane are selling--sometimes within 24 hours!
2. Show Proof that You Are Serious. If you are considering buying a house, be sure to first obtain a pre-approval letter from a lender. (BY the way, we can help you with that.) Sellers have the advantage in this market, and if you are not prepared to show them proof that you can get a loan, they will move on to a buyer who is.
3. Make Your Offer Stronger than Your "Siblings'." Show the seller that you mean business. Avoid asking for too many contingencies and be aware that a low-ball offer is a gamble that just might put you out of contention. In an aggressive market, you need to make aggressive offers to be taken seriously.
4. If Rocky Road Isn't Available, Will Mint Chip Will Do? Don’t limit your search too drastically. Go slightly outside your prime location to cast a wider net. Also, remember that even in a strong market good houses sit unsold. Don't discount a house simply because of the number of days it has been on the market. The reason could be a relatively minor issue that some elbow grease or a small repair budget could remedy. The result just might be an amazing house.
5. Call "Mom" for Back-Up. Since my muscular husband Matt is usually the one dishing the ice cream, I am sometimes called upon to help with last-scoop negotiations. You, too, need someone in your corner. Having a great real estate broker with your best interest at heart (working not only to find a house but to help you negotiate and win) is extremely important. Give me or one of my team members a call.
Jessica Side Owner/Broker EvoReal firstname.lastname@example.org (509) 62-HOUSE
P.S. - Physical Mail?! - Interested in what the low inventory is doing to Spokane property values? I think the answer will shock you. We just sent out our Quarterly Market Overview in the mail, (yes snail mail). If you would like to receive this mailing, which contains details and super duper cool graphics, please reply to this email with your physical address.
Author:Jessica Side Phone: 509-624-6873 Dated: May 17th 2016 Views: 4,115 About Jessica: Hi! I am the broker/owner of EvoReal and have been actively working in real estate for over 13 years...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Buying a new home or selling an old one is a very personal matter. EvoReal is Spokane's local real estate expert we are a family-owned company where we believe that everyone deserves special attention when it comes to buying or selling their home. We are a small firm by design, we know that our size enables us to really get to know our clients and to quickly adapt to the ever-changing world of real estate. We love Spokane and the Inland Northwest. We love the people who live and work here; they are hard working and so are we. Everyday we use the most modern real estate marketing tools and techniques, dig through thousands of homes for sale to find the right one, and make sure every detail of the home buying and selling process is being attended to, making sure nothing falls through the cracks. Your goals, not ours, are the priority. We hope we get a chance to work with you. Please contact us to ask any questions or to set up an appointment. We look forward to meeting you!
Deep Sixing The Quest to DownsizingFinally, our family of five is livi
"My husband and I could not be happier with our choice to use Jessica as our realtor. We started the process quite a few months ago when we finally decided that we were going to call Spokane our home. Being new to the area, we weren't very familiar with all of the areas. Not a problem. Jessica was very knowledgeable on all of the areas here. She took the time to get to know us personally, and see what the best fit for us would be. She showed us many homes, and put up with our indecisiveness.
All that being said, we just recently purchased the PERFECT home for us! Jessica being there for us the whole way. No complaints. Weekends, working around our busy schedules...the works.
I highly recommend her for all of your real estate needs."